Google

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ungawa!

I had to make two... two... TWO!!!! trips to Walmart today...

Do people even respect personal space any more? Today, I made the mistake of going into Walmart, not once, but twice. In the morning I had to go pick up some cleaning supplies to clean the rack electronics at the observatory dome. For those of you who have not seen it yet, click here to see what I am dealing with (if you ever need to clean an inch deep layer of mouse crap and urine out of your computer... let me know, I have experience)...

In line at 11:00 am on a Saturday I was lucky enough to hit a lull in the endless hordes of people that flock to Walmart each day. But, I made the mistake of getting in line in front of Mr. Smelly pants... This poor guy stunk like a zombie... coffee and cigarettes and B.O. like a day old piece of road kill...

I almost lost my oat meal... But to make things worse, this guy had no sense of personal space... He was close enough so that I could literally feel his breath on my neck... I am no fan of lines as it is (I avoid the DMV and other government facilities like the plague, GO ARMY!), but this particular line only had two people in it... Me and him... Why couldn't he just back off an inch or so??

Weird...

Then to end our date (what couple's date wouldn't be complete without a trip to Walmart?) my wife and I go back to Walmart to get bread, and candles and necessities to take the stink of coffee and cigarettes out of sweatshirts. This time we find our goodies in about 10 minutes... We search around for the shortest line, and find it... The reason it is short? The 17 year old cashier who gets off in ten minutes is obviously more worried about where her boyfriend is going to take her to dinner than getting us through the line (I hate young love... just kidding).

What is it with cashiers who don't want to work? No smile, no hello... no thank you... If you want some real entertainment give them $20.03 when your items cost $19.98 and watch their little heads explode... HAHAHAHA! I really do have an evil streak don't I?

Anyway, I have decided that despite all it is good for, Walmart is straight from the devil... Unfortunately, until I get my degree my wife and I have a lot more of these trips to look forward too...

Prayers...

Pisio

1 comment:

steven wilson said...

Your first mistake was making the first trip to wal-mart.Wal-mart is evil,and should be shut down.