Google

Monday, February 18, 2008

Astronomy II


We are four weeks into the semester already, and tonight was the first night I had the opportunity to take out my Monday night intro to astronomy lab section. We had watched a couple of movies the previous weeks, but tonight, we got to observe.

It was awesome!!!

It is amazing what happens to someone the first time that they see Saturn through a telescope, or get to gaze upon the terminator edge of the moon... Everyone, even the hardest, most stubborn mule headed male will melt like a little child when they see these things. It is really fun to watch college students turn into children again.

Did I mention that this was an awesome night?!

I think that I like these nights the best because they allow me to hear the students stories. When we sit in the class and watch movies, I am just a talking head and they are just sleeping students. On nights when we are on the roof though, all bets are off. I get to hear about their lives, their broken relationships, their friendships, engagements, plans after college and even stories about their children...

Those times on the roof, the lines between student and instructor are worn really thin. Relationships are built and lives are changed... absolutely amazing what God's Creation can do for us if we just let it... Absolutely amazing...

It was an awesome, awesome night...

Prayers...

Pisio

P.S.: While I wish I could claim credit for the above image, it was stolen from NASA's site.

1 comment:

Sanjeeb Mahana said...

"Education" doesn't depends on certification my friend. If one can think beyond the boundaries of "Self" - he is educated.

And if you still need a certification - I certify Pisio the most "educated" amongst us.

Good work dude. keep writing.

Sanzz