Google

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Simply Me

I just do not get the world today. When people want to get to know me, it is easy. What you see is what you get. My yes means yes (sure it may take me a while and a couple reminders, but it means yes), and my no means no. I am a slightly overweight, goofy middle aged man.

My wife and I had an experience over the weekend that confirmed for me that integrity is a quality that is harder and harder to come by. I do not know why this surprises me when I look at the role models that young people have anymore. Men who are men, and women who are women are few and far between. It seems that women want to be men, and men well want to be women.

That is besides the point though. If an individual has reached the age of reason and decides that he wants to date Steve rather than Eve, that is between them and their God. What is more disconcerting is the way that businesses are treating their customers, or potential customers.

Here is the story. A week ago, my wife and I got word from our realtor that our bid on a house had been accepted. The bank agreed to forgive the debt owed by the seller and accepted our offer on the house. They told us to go ahead with inspections and other things required before be can take ownership of the house. So we did. We spent $275 for the inspection, were working on funding and starting to pick out furniture and color schemes.

Then came 4:00 Friday... Our realtor called me and the bank had decided to refuse our offer unless the seller decided to pay them back the amount that they were going to lose. We lost the house and the inspection money in one fell swoop. We have no recourse against this bank for its actions except a long drawn out process of suing them. Essentially, and this was confirmed by our realtor, the bank knows we don't have the monetary resources to sue them, so they are going to do what ever they want.

So, I will be launching a simple poll in a minute or two. Once I find out the name of this bastard bank, will you boycott their services. I figure that I am getting about 100 visitors a day here and you guys probably know some people. Maybe I can't take them on in the legal arena, but maybe we can teach them who is really boss...

So frustrating that yes means maybe...

Lord, help this country...

Prayers,

Pisio

P.S.: For another straight talking although admittedly emotional look at life check out my friend Bittersweet Collide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's something about your blog that keeps me coming back here. I think it's because you also write with your heart. I'm glad we're friends, I hope thing would go well with you and your wonderful family. God Bless you my friend!

Buffy said...

What the bank has done to you is SO wrong.
I wish you and your wife luck in whatever course of action you take.

Anonymous said...

Your realtor did not protect you. You should never spend money unless you have put up an earnest money contract. If you have an earnest money contract, you would have recourse. Sorry this happened to you.

Pisio808 said...

Cybercelt, that is the really frustrating thing... we had an earnest money contract, and they just decided to recind their offer knowing we don't have the resources to fight them...