Google

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Really, Really Random... Part deux

So tonight I ended my weekend on a high note. I was able to successfully tri-locate and have a parents meeting, a fund raiser rehearsal (we are doing a mystery dinner theater) as well as oversee a Confirmation Class. Sometimes I really just do ride the energy of the Holy Spirit... other times I rely on crack. Just kidding... it is actually the rum that makes me happiest, and tonight I made Kool Aid, so I can have a little before bed (Fruit Punch and Ron Rico... Yummy).
I prefer Captain Morgan or Bacardi (151 is da bomb... seriously it has a flame retarder on the bottle!).

Now, I am sure that some of you may stumble across this and ask yourself how a youth minister in the Catholic Church can know so much about alcohol... Wait... I just blew it... I am Catholic, and for me, as long as I am not doing so to get drunk, it is okay for me to enjoy alcohol (after all, beer is proof that God loves me). In all honest though, if Christ had a problem would He have chosen to turn water into good wine at Cana? In those days, by the time they had run out of wine, they had been drinking for days... You can't tell me that was not a rocking party, and yet, Christ gave them more to drink, and better than the initial wine they had.

You can argue symbolism all you want, but it does not matter to me. My Lord and Savior enjoyed life to the fullest. He came to show me how to live, and how to be a man. That means eating and drinking with people... Moderation and self control come into play in a virtuous life,  yet every time you turn around Christ is eating and drinking. Always at someone's home, making sure that they are well fed and that they knew He loved them.

I think that modern Christianity has forgotten this aspect of Christ's life. How much He enjoyed the time He had here. I think that I might have for a while too. He lit a fire in me again though... just a little one. I think that is all He needs though. I have the Holy Spirit to fan those flames, and all I need to do is turn back to Him. It will be interesting to turn around again and have all my sin burned away, yet as scary as that can be, I know that I have to.

Lord Jesus Christ, have Mercy on me, a Sinner. I believe Lord, help my unbelief!

Prayers,

Pisio

P.S.: I should be back to card droppin tomorrow... Tonight... I am going to enjoy that other great gift... sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your description of the ways of religion in your eyes. As I was laughing I had to admit it rang out so true.
Shame others can not think this way as well.
Thanks for sharing :)