Google

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Compact Fluorescent Bulbs & other enviornmental stuff...

Coming home from UCCS tonight I was listening to talk radio (go figure), and Mark Levin was on. He was talking about an article from the Boston Globe and the hazards of using these new, green bulbs. Some things in it caught my eye, and made me think... Here are some of my musings on this article:

"The study recommended that if a compact fluorescent breaks, get children and pets out of the room. Ventilate the room. Never use a vacuum, even on a rug, to clean up a broken compact fluorescent lamps. Instead, use stiff paper such as index cards and tape to pick up pieces, and then wipe the area with a wet wipe or damp paper towel. If there are young children or pregnant woman in the house, consider cutting out the piece of carpet where the lamp broke as a precaution. Place the shards and cleanup debris in a glass jar with a screw top and remove the jar from the house."

Me: All this to save $2 a month? First, I generally do not have cardstock or index cards handy to clean up the spill... second I generally do not have empty glass jars around to put debris in. So, while I am out at Walmart (wait, I can't shop there because it is Evil) gathering these new supplies, my son and wife are at home with Mercury in the air they are breathing... Negligible though right?

"For the Maine study, researchers shattered 65 compact fluorescents to test air quality and cleanup methods. They found that, in many cases, immediately after the bulb was broken - and sometimes even after a cleanup was attempted - levels of mercury vapor exceeded federal guidelines for chronic exposure by as much as 100 times."

Umm... wait... while I was out gathering the jar and index cards to dispose of this enviornmentally safe light bulb, my wife, children and pets are crawling in and inhaling Mercury levels as much as 100 times that of the what the government is considering a chronic dose. How the hell is this better for the enviornment? OH... I guess reducing my families carbon footprint to 0 by killing us is better for the enviornment... WTH? Am I missing something here?

"Mercury is a naturally occurring metal that accumulates in the body and can harm the nervous system of a fetus or young child if ingested in sufficient quantity."

Oh... that is what I am missing... it can harm my child in utero... err fetus... if ingested in sufficient quantity... Is 100 times the legal limit sufficient? Oh well... a fetus really isn't a human being afterall, and again, we have reduced a carbon foot print to zero...

ARGH! The whole enviornmental movement is maddening... For those of you who have been brainwashed into believing we are destroying the enviornment, honestly and openly consider this article. You will have to download #79 from this page (.pdf), but it is an eye opening read. It shows you what Al Gore won't (the whole picture), and makes you realize what a fraud An Inconvenient Truth really was... Can we, as humans destroy the Earth that God gave us? If you believe what He promised in Scripture, then we can't by human induced warming... Remember why we have rainbows? C'mon people, start using your heads here...

Prayers,

Pisio

P.S.: I had this written yesterday, but due to editing problems was not able to post it until today.

No comments: