Google

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Old Friends

Today was a good day. I went out house hunting with my wife and got to have some time with her, which is always a good thing. The afternoon though was a great time, and proof to me how small the world really is.

In 8th grade, I moved from Tucson Arizona to Colorado Springs. I left behind all my grade school friends, and the only town I had ever called home. It was a sad experience. Two years later my parents would move me even farther away, to a beautiful little island called Maui. I set up roots there for 13 years before moving back here to Colorado in 2005.

Fast forward almost three years. I am teaching astronomy at the University, and one of my students tells me that her English teacher wants to know if I remember him. She tells me his name, and it does not ring a bell. Being that I lived here in High School, I was only thinking back that far... Then it hit me...

This character from my past and I created our own planet. We later read a Hardy Boys case file to audio tape as a service project for our school. All this happened much earlier than high school... Grade school to be exact. I had known him since Kindergarten. Now, 20 plus years later we have crossed paths again. How exciting...

What a small, small world. We spent about an hour catching up tonight. Underneath it all, we are still pretty much the same. Our ages, bodies and ideas have changed a little, but this is still the same guy who used to sneak around the Arizona desert at night lighting taquitos and hairspray on fire.

Here is to old friends, and new friendships...

Prayers,

Pisio

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaa yoo!!! Meeting your old friends are fun.

spiritwarrior said...

That's great. It's always nice rekindling old friendship. I found your site on link referral myself, a small internet world after all. :)