Google

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cloverfield

Well, my wife and I went to see Cloverfield tonight. I have to admit, I really do not know what to think about it. It was shot as a documentary, and at times the photography was nauseating. I think that we spent about the first 20 minutes or so feeling like we were on the tilt a whirl at the local state fair.

I guess this movie was one more reason to be thankful I have no desire to ever visit Manhattan. I mean seriously it is like every nasty monster that has ever been has attacked New York... well except for the Cockroach That Ate Cincinnati. I mean really... we had Godzilla,  King Kong, The Winged Serpent, The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and Hillary Clinton... I mean what else could go wrong for that poor city? Enter Cloverfield...

I never really got a look at the beast, but it seemed to be a cross between the alien in Alien, a T-rex from Jurassic Park and that damn thing that jumped out of the guys stomach at the end of Spaceballs. Compounding things is the fact that it drops babies off of itself (like gremlins, but not as cute) and when they bite you if you are not treated you end up blowing up. 

Anyway, it ravages the city and eats people. The military comes in and tries to stop it, but can't and the two main characters... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... oh sorry about that, I'm back. Where was I? Oh yeah... the two main characters declare their love for each other... Typical monster destroys city love story... Until the end... Conspiracy theorists will love this one...

Anyway... I am glad I went to see it... If nothing else it gave me an hour and a half of my wife that I would otherwise had to share with a computer... Probably would not see it again, but would not recommend not seeing it...

Prayers...

Pisio

P.S. I apologize to all monkfish or fans of monkfish who may have been offended by the comparison to Hillary Clinton... 

No comments: