Google

Sunday, February 3, 2008

17 -14

I am sure that everyone and their mother are posting thoughts on the amazing football game that was just played out. Hats off to the Patriots, you had an amazing season, yet you as Goliath met David and lost. I have to admit, as much as I wanted the Giants to win, I did not believe that they could do it.

I am elated for Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning. Ever since I called them perennial losers who will never win anything together, they have not lost. I love it when God humbles me in this way. I am happy in this instance to have been proven wrong, and I am man enough to admit that I was. Congratulations to both of them, and the rest of the amazing team they have managed to assemble there in New York. A special hats off to their GM, the first African American GM to take his team to this level.

On the Patriots side, I feel awful for Junior Seau, and to some extent Randy Moss. Seau has been a favorite of mine since I began to follow football. I think he epitomizes what a professional athlete should be. He works hard, is always classy and shows respect for himself, his team mates and the other team. Moss has really turned himself around and has re-emerged as the elite receiver we all knew he was. On the field he is a great example to young aspiring athletes. He has also for the most part kept his act together off the field under Bellicheck's watchful eye. 

Congratulations to both teams on a well fought game. Surprisingly, I have no real beef with the officiating. I think that they stayed out of the way and let both teams play for a change. I still think that the Patriots secondary has a different set of rules they get to play by, but that is another blog in itself.

I am sure that there you can read a better review of the game, perhaps one with insight and analysis. Mine is opinion only from someone who never got to play the game. Although tonight the Giants shut up a lot of people who have played the game.

18 -1... so what?

Prayers,

Pisio