Google

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Life

Hello my dear readers. I am at a crossroads. I am 31 and have no idea what I want to do when I grow up. Well... I have some idea, but I am really not sure... I love astronomy and working with small telescopes, but I really do have fun, and a gift for working with teenagers in a faith based setting. I have the option of doing a Religious Studies program with a minor in Christian leadership or going on and completing my BS in Physics and potentially teaching High School Physics. Either one would be awesome...

I just can not decide. I am trying to slow myself down and listen to the voice inside me, but it is almost like He just wants me to choose. Do I serve Him in the parishes, or in the schools? I really can not decide. Isn't it nice to have those options though?

I really feel sorry for those people who have their lives planned out for them from day 1. They have to go to the right school, play the right sports, be involved in the right clubs, have the right friends, go the the right college... All for what? To live out someone else's dreams for them. I almost pity some of the kids that I am working with now. It is almost like they have their lives planned out for them by their parents. They have no options, no choice and told that the only way to get ahead is such and such. They have no dreams other than those their parents say they should have for themselves.

Isn't there something more to life though than living someone else's dreams? I am starting to discover that I have my own dreams again, and they might not have been what I thought they were... does that make any sense at all? Probably not...

I have two paths ahead of me now. One that I thought I have wanted, and one that has always nagged at me... either one would make me happy, but I can not just think about me right now. I have a son and a wife to think about as well. Could someone with a degree in Religious Studies and Christian Leadership support his family? Probably... it would not be a glamorous life, but we would get by.

I don't know... it is a tough call. It just seems though that Youth Ministry is in my blood now. It is kind of like the ocean. Once it is in your blood you just can not shake it... Telescopes and astronomy will always be a neat hobby, but I am pretty sure I do not want to go back to making a living where my job is dependent on government contracts. The nice thing about working with teenagers is that as long as people keep having babies, I will never have to worry about funding for my projects. Granted, I may have to raise all the funding for my projects, but at least I have that control...

It is going to be an interesting couple of months... for those of you who are believers, prayers would be appreciated.

God Bless!

Prayers,

Pisio

No comments: