Google

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Astronomy

Tonight was my second class meeting with my Tuesday night Introduction to Astronomy Lab Section, and it was a riot. I love astronomy... my dad before he died passed that love onto me. I love watching people's reactions the first time they see Saturn or the moon through a telescope. Tonight was little different though. 

One of the students in the other section taught by the other instructor was extremely excited about the things she was seeing. We got to talking as we generally do with the students that are interested and it turns out she worked at the KECK observatory in Hawaii. While I had never made it to that observatory in the 10 or so years I worked in the Astronomy Community in Hawaii, we did know a few of the same people. 

This whole experience got me to thinking about how small the world really is. She went to school with one of my co-workers brothers. One of my best friends from the national guard was her co-worker at the KECK. Weird how those things just seem to happen. It was a fun observational period. I love Astronomy. Once you begin to realize how large the universe is, the more amazed you are by the little things... almost like there are no coincidences.

Prayers,

Pisio

No comments: