Google

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Card Carrying Member of the VWRC

I love Liberals, they are so fun. In my post on change, I got a reply from this nut job. The simple fact that Keanu Reeves is his profile picture should be a clue, but seeing that he is not even in this country, I guess I can give him some slack.

Anyway, I just wanted to take issue and point out where I disagree with his opinion. I will take them point by point, and try to be as fair as I can. Unfortunately since his position is based in a fantasy world, they will be hard to completely refute, but I may be able to point out some of his lack of clear thinking:

"Maybe you should get politics to start getting corporations to pay taxes"

Yes Mr. Clearthinking enlightened liberal... The fact is that if you tax a corporation, they just pass that expense on to me the consumer. That makes great sense for me, since well, corporations produce... well... everything I need to live. Tax them, my cost of living goes up. Kinda goes back to the whole idea of a national sales tax... only tax me on what I choose to consume, not every damn thing under the sun.

"and maybe you should have republican politicians stop giving special treatment and padding their 20,000 laws each year to the advantage of working people not multi-national corporations that send jobs to china or elsewhere."

First of all, Democrats not Republicans are the obstacle to tougher regulations on government pork, and this is coming from that Right Wing Bastion of truth MSNBC. Also, your media darling, Hillary, has secured more money in government earmarks for her district than any other Senator.

Second, if we were not already taxing the corporations at the levels we are perhaps they would keep factories and manufacturing plants here in the United States. Who can blame them for leaving?

Third, if there was fair competition in the workplace, i.e. unions rewarding the laziest members by paying them the same as their most productive workers, perhaps corporations would not want to leave the country. If they knew they could cut the dead weight dragging their production down without being sued by unions, maybe, just maybe they would be more inclined to stay.

I know that personally, I do not stay where I am not welcome. Why should I expect more out of corporations simply because their aim is to make a profit?

"And maybe you should get politicians to stop paying 300 billion a year interest on the national debt"

I am sure that you will disagree with me on this, but the enormous debt this country is facing comes from government overstepping its bounds. Welfare, social security and the nanny state in general were never intended by the founders of the country. Regulation of trade and protection of the country from enemies foreign and domestic were though. Perhaps if we cut out what government was never meant to spend in the first place we could get out of debt.

"THE 45 million that have no health insurance"

Health Insurance is a consumers choice, not a right. If someone chooses to spend their paycheck on x-boxes, games, $100 shoes and designer jeans that is their choice. If that means they forgo health insurance that is their option. Are there people out there who can not afford health insurance? Probably, yet rather than expect a handout, maybe they could get a job at McDonalds 20 hours a week, or find a job that employs them over 20 hours a week. The problem there is that this would then disqualify them from government aid... Free check, or work hard... given that option I know which one I would choose, unfortunately a lot of Americans choose the other option.

"the 600 billion on the military industrial complex"

You can not have it both ways. Republicans get hammered for not adequately equipping the troops for battle, yet we spend too much on defense. Which one is it? Perhaps we should roll over and play dead like the French every time the US is threatened? Like I said in a Freshman level composition class... todays youth are being raised without backbones. Grow a pair.

"maybe get some of those 2 million Americans that just lost their homes because of variable mortgage interest that just cost the banks worldwide to lose 500 billion and shrink down credit"

Maybe those people should have known what they can afford and what a 2% increase in their mortgage payment would do their checkbook. If you can not do Math, you should not be buying a home. The people who got in over their heads learned a valuable lesson and the predatory lending practices of banks got them right where it should have. All parties involved are supposedly responsible adults. Perhaps though Hillary and Obama should come wipe their asses as well?

"... just to mention a few things YOU right WING nut JOB!"

Proud Card Carrying Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy... Change your name to Euro Yanker and come back when you have a clue. Oh, you are a journalist... that is as disturbing as it is enlightening...

Prayers,

Pisio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I appreciate your rant today. I had a conversation with a friend who is quite liberal and I felt like banging my head against a wall afterwards.