Google

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Semester

Well, the new semester started today, and of course I miss my class. Well... I guess miss is more a relative term. I actually just did not go. I showed up, looked in and saw that the room was full, so I left. Calc II, the second time around. No, I did not fail Calc II the first time, it has been almost 10 years since I took it though, and I need Calc for my upper level Physics classes. So I get to retake it.

I also found out the I get to teach 2 Astronomy lecture labs this semester again. That is really good news. Not only do I get both sections, but I have small classes. Last semester I had a class of 25 and a class of 18. This semester I have a class of 11 and a class of 8. I really prefer the small groups as it allows me to get to know the class better, and truly meet their needs. Having to learn 50 new names and faces each semester is rough, not to mention grading all those papers is time consuming, and a pain in the rear.

Tomorrow, Chemistry... woo hoo!

Prayers,

Pisio

No comments: