Google

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Shane Victorino


"Don’t waste life in doubts and fears; spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour’s duties will be the best preparation for the hours and ages that will follow it."

Not sure who said it, but I got it from here.

I was watching Sports Center tonight, and a name from my past flashed across the screen. Someone was talking about the Philadelphia Phillies, and how Shane Victorino would be key to their success... Well I looked up and low and behold saw someone who was in 7th grade when I was a senior in high school.

This would not have meant too much to me if it had been someone else, but I remember a conversation I had with one of his really good friends. It went something like this:

Noelani: "I know Shane will make it... I just know it he can do it if he keeps working"

Me: "You have got to be kidding me... no one from Maui will ever play Major League Baseball, especially that kid"

Noelani: "You pig!"

Me: "Oink Oink"

Well, congratulations to Shane, and Noelani... Noelani because she was right for once, and Shane for making me eat some humble pie. Holy Thursday is a very appropriate day for me to have to eat the humble pie as well...

I guess I knew he was playing for the Phillies last year, but this blog was not open yet for a public admission that sometimes (although very rarely) I have no idea what I am talking about.

HEHEHEHE... Just kidding... Generally I just spew mindless garbage out there, but it is what is eating me...

Shane's work paid off for him, and he should be commended. He conquered his fears and silenced our doubts... Not bad for a Maui Boy... I hope you never forget where you came from...

Prayers...

Pisio

No comments: