Google

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tired

I have never been so tired in my life. Between work, school, teaching at the University, working on their telescopes, moving and trying to be a husband and father I am just exhausted. I find myself asking more and more am I working to live, or living to work? That my friends is a tough tough question.

The worry of settling into a new mortgage payment and just the normal self doubt about providing for my family have all begun to wear on me. I feel well beyond my 32 years of age. I do not know what it feels like to be 75, but I think that I can imagine it. I guess I just need to find something to do other than what I am doing.

I need something that really will allow me to rest. I think that I am going to start hiking again... Weird huh? Physical exercise being rest. It is just being out in God's creation truly relaxes me. I have never felt as refreshed as I did that week when Mike was here, and he forced me to be out exploring Colorado's beauty. I really needed that break.

The really interesting thing is that I can turn anything into work. In ministry, as long as I am hanging out with teenagers it can be considered work. Sad, but I can never escape it... great because if I need a break I can just call one up and say I am gonna go do whatever and see if they can come along... A huge blessing and an even larger curse.

This situation forces me to either bring friends here who are not from the area, or to leave the area in order to get some real rest and relaxation time... I guess thought that I should quit whining. I have friends who are sleeping on the ground in the dust and mudd, drinking stale coffee and eating MRE's so I can have this right to bitch...

I wonder what they would resent more? The idea that I am not exercising the rights they are fighting for me to have, or the idea that I am bitching because I get to? Hmm... another paradox of epic proportions...

To all the military out there, thank you... Your service is not lost on some of us, and your sacrifice is not forgotten...

Peace be with you all...

Prayers...

Pisio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband was so desperate for a "break" that most of our vacation was spent in the car driving. However, he says it was just what he needed and he seems more relax and content now.

I hope you find time for yourself soon. :)