Google

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spitzer

In an unprecedented move New York Governor Eliot Spitzer has pardoned himself. Siting that this is purely a personal matter involving consenting adults, he did not believe he should be prosecuted for his victim less crimes.

When asked about the pardon, his wife responded "Victim less my ass".

I guess I just could not let it go. Sptizer disgusts me. The guy went on witch hunts to bring down people involved in the same things that he was involved in. No wonder he was not liked too much. He brought down other people for the same thing, prosecuted them for the same crimes he was committing.

I guess we should not be surprised at the behavior of a member of the same party that brought us Bill Clinton as President. He will more than likely survive this since liberals have short memories, and idolize him for the way he has penalized Wall Street. They will rally behind their moral reprobates and allow them to stay in office. Relativism at its best.

This is the beginning of the decline of the United States. You can go back in history and trace the decay of all great societies to moral relativism. Nothing is wrong, everything is permissible. Unfortunately we are headed down that road now. The saying that those who do not know history are doomed to repeat ring true once again.

I just don't get it... How can people be so lax about other people's destructive behavior? I refuse to tolerate you... I love you too much. Should I tolerate a friend who slowly killed themselves using illegal narcotics, or should I warn them, and point out to them how their behavior is self destructive?

Should I tolerate a friend who is actively engaged in a homosexual relationship, or should I warn them how their behavior is destructive to themselves? Should I tolerate some of the teenagers that I minister to being sexually active, or do I love them enough to warn them how their behavior can ruin their futures? Do I tolerate my wife cheating on me, or do I love her enough to warn how her behavior effects our relationship, and potentially our eternal futures (my wife is not cheating on me however)?

These are all tough questions that we must ask each other, and ultimately the question is do I love you enough to let you know how your behavior can destroy your life? Personally friends, I love you enough to let you know America is heading down a very destructive road. The moral decay of our politicians and society is just a step forward down a dark and destructive road. The United States now is not the United States of 50 years ago, and if we continue down the path we are on now, the United States in 50 years will no longer be.

The power has to be given back to the majority, and taken away from activist judges and corrupt politicians. I believe that we are even given the right/ obligation to overthrow a government that no longer serves We the People.

Eliot Spitzer is not a bad man, he just let his power get to him. Now he appears to be holding on to it to broker a deal to avoid what any one of us would get... a felony indictment/ conviction. That my friends, disgusts me... To quote Jose Maria Escriva.... "Man be a Man"... face the consequences of your actions like a man, not a damn coward...

God help this country...

Prayers,

Pisio

P.S.: I would still rather be in the United States than under any other flag... except maybe the Vatican... glad I am Catholic before American... after all, I was Catholic nine months before I was a US citizen :).

6 comments:

Linda said...

One observation my husband made when this first hit the media...not once did they mention his political party affiliation. It was always just Governor Spitzer...

But recall just recently when a certain senator from Idaho had a breach of common sense in an airport stall...the FIRST thing out of every reporter's mouth was "Republican Senator Craig"..."the Republican senator from Idaho, Larry Craig...."

Seems that your political affiliation is never important in these matters...as long as you are a Democrat.

Becky said...

He did wrong by being involved in the ring. He is stepping down and I think that is so he is not impeached. Guess it looks better to step down than it is to be impeached.
I want to see the book thrown at him!

Anonymous said...

And at $4,000 a pop!! I don't know which is going to cause our downfall quickest....$4K per hour hookers for our leaders or $110 per barrel oil. Either way, we can't afford it. Rick

Jojo said...

WOw...I am sorry about your anger with this man. Laa yoo!

CastoCreations said...

You rock. I totally agree. Moral relativism is being taught in schools and has been since at least my junior high school years. You can't "judge" anyone because their views are just as valid as yours. I call BS.

Great blog! :)

Anonymous said...

I've seen the girl in myspace. Tsk.. I'm sure it's not just Spitzer who's doing this kinda stuff, I'm sure there are a whole lot more politicians out there waiting, ahhm i mean trying not to get caught. lol