Google

Monday, March 10, 2008

Environmentalism

Is it just me, or does Daylight Savings Time suck? I mean it is 1:30am right now on Monday morning, and my body is telling me that it still has an hour left before bed time. I just can't see how this switch to DST sooner makes any difference other than screw us out of an hours sleep yesterday. I remember hearing that this was done to save energy or something... Then, on the radio today, I hear it has actually caused an increase in energy consumption.

This is just further proof to me that we have no clue what the hell our true impact on the planet is, or how to do anything about it.  We should monitor the situation a few more years, maybe a decade or so, and see what happens. I just think that we rely too much on models to determine what is or is not happening with the climate around the world... The interesting thing about computer models is, if you tweak the data enough you can prove that a giant raccoon farted and created the universe. Models are just numbers, and depending your bias going into the situation, you can manipulate them any way you want. You can include or exclude things form the model that did not fit your hypothesis.

That, my friends, is not science, but more like wishful thinking. Now please do not get me wrong, humans may be having an impact on the global climate. Yet, when the founder of the weather channel calls Al Gore a fraud and hopes the new owners of the station turn it around from a global warming propaganda machine back into a news channel, you have to wonder. Very, very interesting when you think about it... The founder of the weather channel calling Al Gore a fraud, and his own creation a propaganda machine for a hoax. 

It is nice to see an hear stories of more and more scientists calling Global Warming the hoax that it is. They are not well liked I am sure, but generally people who seek truth over fame are not liked well... just ask Christ. The truth about just how much we are affecting the environment needs to come out, but we also need time. Before we start signing bills into law that will cripple our economy, why don't we make sure we have all the data correct. It is important that we do so...

I guess I am just a Conservative Creep right? Right... I just want to make sure that we do not act rashly in regards to the environment. I believe that if we really are killing off the earth, it will fight back eventually... I just don't think that it is fighting back yet. Temperatures now are still not the highest in recorded human history. Generally higher temperatures correspond to greater wealth and prosperity for human kind... 

I dunno... I just guess that the Earth is an organism. If we start to bug the Earth too much, it will get rid of us ...

Anyway, I am falling asleep again, so I need to get to bed.

Prayers, 

Pisio

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard on NPR that DST actually costs us more money than saves money. Go figure. I HATE this time change too. I'm off work today, but tomorrow morning when 5am rolls around, that's really 4am, I'm gonna be bitching up a storm.

CastoCreations said...

You just ROCK!!! The whole "manmade global warming" " we are killing our planet" is just a bunch of crap and drives me bonkers!