Google

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Unemployed

Well, after what looked like a promising job I went from an "atta boy" keep up the good work to a demotion to being unemployed. Colorado defines you as eligible for unemployment if you are unemployed through "no fault of your own". Just wondering if leaving a job because it has become so hostile to your existence so as to blame you for every problem the company has experienced in since its founding would qualify as "no fault of your own".

For example in an e-mail from the president of the company I am told that progress on the assembly of units had stopped for the last 3-4 weeks even though parts to complete the assembly of units did not show up until the last week. I can not do anything about the assembly of units if the person who orders parts (her son) does not get me the parts in a timely manner. Yet when I mention that little nugget of information I am told he is overwhelmed because of his school schedule and to not complain about his work.

I am told by the vice-president of the company that I am not to be anybody's friend, that I am a supervisor and management's eyes on the assembly team. When I correct an assemblers or engineer's work and am firm with them about it, I get told to stop complaining about other people's work. It is demoralizing the team and causing friction and temperatures to flair. I am told I need to start being nice to people.

OK fine what ever right? After the atta boy on Thursday, I get sent home early on Saturday and on Sunday receive a demotion from Supervisor to an experienced assembler. This is all well and good, except that in order to complete my tasks, I must be trained by an engineer to do so. In the same breath I am told this I am told I can not interact with the engineers, or anyone else for that matter.

Me thinks that I was offered the demotion so that they would not have to fire me and pay me unemployment. I know that they do not want to pay anyone unemployment. ARGH! this is maddening. I have two kids to feed, a mortgage to pay. I am so upset right now I could spit. I know I am not entitled to a job, but there was no warning given and no second chance. Just three days of hell and a kick in the ass.

Maybe, just maybe this will make me rethink my stance on labor unions... Ummm... no probably not upon further reflection.

Pray for me please. I have some nibbles already. I have a shit-ton of experience that someone is bound to need. The main problem is location. I am tied to a house here in Colorado. That probably means a hardship period away from my family as my best options are out of state.

Prayers,

Pisio

No comments: