Google

Friday, June 13, 2008

The Snail

Some people are curious about what the snail has to do with my blog. Some have even suggested that I change the header to have something to do with youth ministry... I would love to do that, but I feel it would just take something away from the site. I love the snail, and the unique layout that I have. Granted I used a pre-made layout, but I still have not come across anyone else who has chosen it...

Anyway... the snail is actually really appropriate for Random Musings. You see, I am currently just creeping my way through life. I am still feeling out married life, taking courses at UCCS, being a father and everything else that comes with middle age (Yes... I am there/ getting there). This is a personal diary blog, and in my humble opinion, even the layout must match how I am living my life. The snail is a perfect image for me.

For those of you who have commented recently about ministry, and changing the header to match that theme more, I appreciate the input. Yet, even in my approach to ministry the snail is appropriate. I just plug away now... no longer rushing in to things that I can not sustain or that will fall apart when I leave... Nope, I just build what the resources around me allow me to... IF that means sacrificing other things, that is what it means... Just plugging away...

Well... I hope that this really random out of left field post may help those of you who just pass by now and then understand what those who frequent this blog already know... I am the snail, and it is me... we are one...

PUT THAT SALT AWAY!

Prayers...

Pisio

8 comments:

Toni said...

Well it sounds like the snail belongs on your site!!

Matthew S. Urdan said...

Makes sense to me. Now that I know, I think the Snail is perfect for your site. But I would never presume to just offer up criticisms from out of left field without some kind of understanding of a situation from observation or conversation. Isn't it interesting some times how other people have great personal advice for you even if they've never met you and have no idea where you're coming from? Gotta love people like that. I don't really want to go there because I'm not looking to get into a debate or antagonize anyone, but often they are the stereotypical religious right proselytyzers (sp?)or Anne Coulter types who, perhaps sometimes, should just leave everyone else alone. It's okay to espouse your views, but often people don't appreciate or respect the views of others, which are equally as valid. Since many questions are often just left open for debate, and since many questions have no answers or answers which can not be known by mortal man, the only reasonable views or those that make sense personally on an individual level; and as such, they should be respected by other individuals who don't necessarily share the same views. It's okay to disagree with the views, but they still need to be respected.

Cheers!

Ellen said...

I like that snail!!!! It is an attention getter!!!!

capybara said...

That Snail is fantastic and your blog has a great layout. Please don't ever change it!

Nancy Janiola said...

Hello here..how have you been doin'? Just hopping here from LR..Hope all is well with you..TC!

Garden Gnome said...

Hi, I'm stopping by through EC. I like the snail. It is unique and refreshing. I think it is an attention grabber as well. Nice job and I love your blog.

Waterrose said...

Well I vote to keep the snail. The first time I visited your blog it made me stop, smile and then I wanted to know more about a person who used a cool snail.

Rebecca said...

I like the snail. And yick about the salt - my dad and step mom keep a salt shaker by their front door... yick, I think that's sad!